After we came home from the wedding in Temecula, Nikki was on a sneezefest the whole day. They have a busy week ahead in school (Halloween parade, pumpkin patch field trip and trunk-or-treat) and a birthday party weekend that I was afraid she'd have to miss out on them.
When I told her to let me know if she doesn't feel well and she might have to stay home instead, she wasn't too pleased. For weeks now, she's been gabbing nonstop about what she's gonna wear for Halloween. I still haven't bought her a costume yet.
We managed to find Dale this cute old navy bumblebee jacket & pants (easy on, easy off) perfect for the nighttime trunk or treat activity when we made a quick stop Saturday at Lake Elsninore.
my little bumblebee |
Nikki however had a specific costume in mind (pink and purple butterfly) so imagine me going store to store in the hopes of finding one. With no luck! =( With Dale's helmet checkup Tuesday and PT session, thursday, that should give me enough time to check out stores in West Hollywood for that elusive pink & purple butterfly.
Fast forward to Tuesday morning. Just dropped off Nikki at school and was getting ready to drive Dale to his 10am appointment, when I got a call from school to pick up Nikki. Apparently, she said she wasn't feeling well and had her head resting on her desk the whole time. Poor baby!
They thought she was a little feverish, but when I took her temp, she was fine, normal reading. Her nose was runny though. Got no choice but to give her cold medicine, strap her up in her carseat and take her with me to Dale's appointment. On the way there, she begged that we go find her a costume. Could I just say no?
So we headed off Old Navy, Marshall's & Ross and came out empty. Throughout the store hopping, I was convincing her to get the pirate costume her Ninang Therese got her from a yardsale in Colorado. She was ready to give in, with much disappointment, when I drove off to Farmer's Market at 3rd and visit one last store, The Children's Place. And what do you know, we found her costume!
Clutching her costume on the drive home, she said, "Thank you mommy for finding my pink & purple butterfly." I made her stay at home the next day and told her she has to get better first or else she can't attend her school activities. She ate well, slept well, took her meds and was so compliant for a sick little kid. Not whiny at all. She said she's gonna get better the next day. And true enough, she did!
having so much fun with her classmates |
Ah, the promise of a day of fun! Enough to drive the boo-boos away!

Hahaha! Ka-cute ni Nikki, especially on the last photo! And Dale, I want to hug him!
ReplyDeleteI hope Nikki is back to perfect health!
Thanks Ai! They're both better now after being sick one after the other.
ReplyDeleteOh Ai, she's so sipat gyud! LOL!